Thursday, November 3, 2011

By Tharidu Dar

    To Day Recipe



**How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies**

Have you always wanted to be able to make your own peanut butter cookies, but were unsure how to do it? Well, heat up your ovens and follow Paul Ellis, his simple recipe explained in this VideoJug film.


Steps
butter cookies, a very simple way, a 3-2-1 recipe. So I have got three tablespoons of plain flour, I have got two tablespoons of butter and one tablespoon of caster sugar and I have got some homemade peanut butter, that I have made up previously. So I'm going to literally put everything together, as simple as that and mix my ingredients together. 
I'm going to show you how to make peanut 

I have got my oven on at about 180. I want you to literally bring the whole mixture together, making sure the butter is nice and soft to work with and just mix it all through. I should really get my hands in there.

You can add vanilla to this, you can add some orange rind, you can add anything you want to it, sultanas, mixed fruit, but we got peanuts and it's going to be absolutely tasty as well. It will probably sit in the oven for about 15 minutes and when it will come out, sprinkle it with a bit of nice icing sugar or caster sugar or cinnamon and sugar, whatever you want to do. I'll just keep it plain and that will come together quite nicely, like it is now.

What I'm going to do with this is probably chill it down for about 10 minutes, so I'm able to cut it but it seems quite firm, anyways, so I might be able to cut it straight away. If it is too soft, it's very difficult to cut. So you got this nice pliable donut which you can work with.

My oven is ready, so basically any shape you want to do with this, really. We roll that out and cut into nice little pieces. You may want to hold that shape, so whatever shape you are doing.

That's the shape, nice little rustic biscuits. It doesn't take long at all. These biscuits are ready to go into the oven, I have got my temperature ready, the oven is nice and hot and in they go.

So we come back to our cookies in about 15 minutes. So, coming back to the cookies, they smell absolutely fantastic, they are nice and brown. They feel nice and firm and I'll get them onto a plate.

Here's a bowl to serve them up. You can dust these with icing sugar or sugar on cinnamon. When these cool down, you can pour hot chocolate on them as well.

I take it, I should try one as well, beautiful, that's a nice and crunchy biscuit there. Really nice! That's how I do my peanut butter cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment